Monday, January 31, 2011

Plastic-Free February

I was really excited to hear about Rodale.com's Plastic-Free February because this is a challenge that our family has already wholeheartedly committed to over the past year. The invitation to take our waste-free habits a step further and commit to finding everyday solutions to completely eliminate our usage of plastic is going to be tricky, but I have a feeling that we will end up learning a lot and will probably pay a lot more attention to what we buy in the future.

Our kitchen is lot less toxic than it used to be, so I think we're pretty much prepared for tomorrow, day 1, with our stainless steel lunch kits and reusable water bottles, but our chaotic house is always full of surprises, so we'll have to be on our toes! Luckily, I have a ten year old daughter who has already become a full fledged member of the plastic police squad. The last time I forget my reusable grocery bags, the cashier gave us a crazy look when my daughter acted like a I had commited a crime and scolded me at the check out lane.

If you're up for the challenge, join Rodale.com on Facebook and Twitter (#noplastic) during the month of February and go plastic-free!

No comments:

Post a Comment